Together with partner organisations Status M in Croatia, Poika in Austria and Asocijacija XY in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Emancipator is involved in the EquiTeens-project, a project aimed to promote gender equality and non-violent relationships.
EquiTeens aims to tackle the challenges of preventing and eradicating gender-based violence against and among young teenagers by promoting gender equality and by challenging harmful gender stereotypes and norms.
EquiTeens will target youth workers, peer educators, social workers, social educators and other professionals and volunteers who work directly with young teenagers aged 10 to 15 in youth work settings, either in youth organizations, clubs, centres or schools. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the eradication of violence against and among young people.
More specifically, the project aims to:
– create innovative youth work methodology and practices in the field of the prevention of gender-based violence;
– build capacities of youth workers and professionals in related fields for direct work with young teenagers on the topic of the prevention of gender-based violence;
– promote equitable, non-violent and non-toxic expressions of gender relations among young teenagers aged 10-15.
These objectives will be met by:
– developing a comprehensive toolbox for youth workers and other educators working with young teenagers on the topics connected to gender
equality and the prevention of gender-based violence,
– implementing 3 training events to build capacities of youth workers and professionals in related fields for direct work with young teenagers on the
topic of the prevention of gender-based violence,
– hosting 4 multiplying events targeting youth workers and professionals working in related fields for the dissemination of project results