About MenEngage Europe
MenEngage Europe (MEE) is one of six regional networks within the MenEngage Global Alliance, a worldwide network of 700 civil society organisations working to transform violent masculinities and engage men and boys to advance women’s rights and gender equality. In Europe, the network is a primarily voluntary based and informal network that brings together around 60 organisations as well as individuals across 30 countries. The network is managed by a Steering Committee and regional co-coordinators based in the Netherlands and Sweden.
Until now, MEE has mainly functioned as a platform for learning and exchange of information, methods, knowledge and best practices between practitioners, researchers and activists across Europe, with limited implementation of own projects, activities and communications. However, a one-year grant has recently been secured to support the strengthening of the network. The grant will enable steps to formalization of the network towards a more professional and transparent entity, including work with external consultants on organizational development and fundraising strategies, as well as the organizing of a broader Membership Meeting in Vienna in October 2018.
About the Position
MEE is now looking for a Project Officer to manage the grant as well as to constitute a part-time Regional Secretariat function. The position offers a great opportunity to be part of this growing community, and the development of a stronger and more consolidated European network for gender justice.
You will work with a certain level of budget responsibilities and fulfilment of project goals. You will be focal point for two consultancies – on Organisational Development and Fundraising – and manage and coordinate these two key processes. As the Regional Secretariat, you will be a central point of contact for the network’s members and stakeholders with responsibility for core administrative tasks. You will provide a key support function to the network, and directly ensure the smooth running of activities and projects in collaboration with the MEE Steering Committee. This includes the upcoming Membership Meeting in Vienna with participants from all across Europe. The Regional Secretariat will also be responsible for managing smooth internal communication.
To support you, there is the MEE Steering Committe, the regional co-coordinators and dedicated Working Groups.
- Manage the coordination and implementation of the project, including grants management and reporting
- Work with two consultants (for Organisational Development & Fundraising)
- Support meetings and coordination of MEE Working Groups.
- Internal and external communication with MenEngage network, ME global secretariat and stakeholders
- Oversee communications channels including mailing lists and social media communities
- Manage member data and applications of new members to MEE
- Provide support on specific projects as needed
- University degree or similar learning or working level
- 1-3 years experience of civil society project administration or management, preferably in a coordinating role
- Documented skills in planning, budget management, results based follow-up and reporting
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve set goals and meet deadlines
- Background in gender-related issues including women’s rights, intersectional feminist thinking, masculinities and engaging men and boys in this work
Other desirable skills
- Second language skills – e.g. French, Spanish, German
- Experience from networks building and organisational development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) and equivalent cloud-based applications
We are looking for someone who is people-centred, open-minded, flexible and committed. The successful candidate will share our belief in working to engage with men and boys to transform masculinities to advance women’s rights and gender justice for all.
Terms and conditions
This is a part-time freelance position (on average 2 days/week) with an available fee rated according to the Dutch welfare salary scale 8, depending on experience and qualifications. Because of organizational and administrative reasons, it is our preference to establish a freelance relationship rather than an employee contract, but the latter will be negotiable if necessary.
There are two co-coordinator organisations represented by three individuals to whom you will directly report. This position is hosted by one of the co-coordinators (Emancipator) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands with flexibility in work-hours. We can offer this position now until the end of March 2019 but our goal is to grow the organization and this position into a more sustainable situation and thus hopefully continuate the position.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 28 May. Applications will be reviewed in that week, and interviews will be planned in the week of 4 June.
MenEngage Europe is an equal opportunity employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. We welcome applicants of any gender.