MenEngage members are concerned with the following issues:
- Promotion of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Improving the prevention and treatment of HIV and AIDS
- Ending violence against women and girls
- Combating homophobia/transphobia and advocating LGBTI rights
- Reducing violence between men and boys
- Preventing sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child trafficking
- Encouraging the positive involvement of men in the health of mother and child, as fathers or carers.
- Addressing and combating policies at macro level that only perpetuate inequalities between men and women.
Members who register with MenEngage must subscribe to the Code of Conduct and Core Principles. Read more in the Factsheet MenEngage and the MenEngage Global Alliance Brochure.
Global Board Meetings take place every year. In 2009 MenEngage organised a Global Symposium in Rio de Janeiro for the first time . In 2014, the second symposium took place in Delhi on 10-13 November, about which Jens van Tricht wrote a blog. The third Global Symposium will take place in Beirut, Lebanon, in 2020.